Tuesday, March 4, 2008

We are at least doing somthing right

We are at least doing somthing right in this journey of parenthood. A little back story, about 3 or 4 weeks ago we purchased Riley a pair of shoes from Target and 2 days later they we already comming apart. Well I was MAD I mean I know my boy is hard on stuff but not 2 days hard and they were not on sale so I took them back and got my money back.

So today we were going to clean up the new "house" we have for The Exchange church plant and as we were driving this is the conversation Autumn, Riley, and I had

A-"mommy, remember when we took those shoes back that broke that were Riley's?"
M " Yes sweety I do"
A- "What do they do with the broken shoes mommy?"
M- "I am pretty sure they send them back to the people who made them"
A-" Well when those people get them what do they do with them?"
M- " I am not positive but I bet they throw them away since they are broken"
A- "Well why don't they give those shoes to the people who do not have shoes instead of throwing them away?"
M- " Autumn that is an awesome idea"
A- " And what about those toys that no longer work or make the sound, they could give those to those kids also They would LOVE to get those toys"
M-"Well Autumn I think that is such an awesome idea"
A- " Well lets go talk to the people at Target and tell them that they should give that stuff to the people who do not have what we do, Mommy those shoes would be so warm on a kid who doesn't have any shoes"
M- "Autumn that is great but if we go to the Target and ask to speak with someone YOU have to be the one that tells them this,I can't do this for you."
A-" OK mommy but I need you to go with me"

How sweet is it that my 5 1/2 year old is so concerned with others. I love it!! Oh and we will go and speak with someone at Target and see what happens!!! How cool would it be if this came to fuition and how many people that can help!

On another note Eli is better THANK GOD, my throat hurts and my head is killing me.

More late must.go.cook YUCK!

1 comment:

Purple Teacup said...

you are an awesome mom.