Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Change

Change is what I am pondering today. Change is hard but usually good. Stressful but exciting. Scary about the unknown. We have big changes comming. Our lives have changed a lot in the last 6 years. It should be easy by now to deal with change right? WRONG!

Lets backtrack 12 years ago I had Zackary CAN WE SAY MAJOR CHANGE I was mearly 18 but I enjoyed all of his years. By time he was 3 his father and I seperated it was a horrible relationship that I wanted or rather needed to work so badly that I tried all I could think of.

Anyways fast forward a few years move to Irving with Eli, get married in 00, graduate with my Accounting degree, worked full time while pregnant and in school, have a sweet baby girl in 02, and a fiesty red head boy in 04. WHEW Lots of change! In 04 we purchased our first house have the GREATEST neighbors ever!! In 00 decided after Autumn was born to not work (I have worked an outside job since I was 15) so that is HUGE! In 05 said neighbors have a BBQ get together and invite us, now they had been trying to get us to try their church since we moved in and we were not open to that idea, it is their Life Group party. I meet Shannon (another Red haead I might add) and we hit it off right away. Woke up that Sunday and decided to try their church. WE LOVED IT! So we started going and now we have developed LOTS of great friendships and bonds with great friends. Now we are changing again we have prayed ferverantly about the exciting oppurtunity of a church plant in our area.
And to top it all off we have decided to finally get serious about paying off all of our debt. We started that this past week paid off a few bills and wouldn't you know my MICROWAVE died that same DAY!!! ok so the microwave is not a huge deal WAIT who am I kidding it is HUGE!

See change is hard but good and exciting.

I also am working on changing my outlook of being jobless I know in my brain that my job (BEING A MOMMY) is the most rewarding but sometimes it is HARD to feel that.
A great friend of mine gave me a book for my birthday called "The Mission of Motherhood"
It is a great read if you need encouragment.

1 comment:

Purple Teacup said...

You mean I am worthy enough of a mention? You kept the secret! Are you OK?!?!