Saturday, September 13, 2008

What God has been doing??

So many times in my life I have not listened to God, Have not obeyed, have not trusted God. I am not a naturally gentle person when I talk, I am learning that is not always a good thing!
I am finnally growing in ways that I can finally see and learn from. God has stretched me SOOO much and given me more than I thought I could take. I think I have finally found something that I am meant to be doing. I find JOY in it I am excited, I am happy, I am not stressed about it, When I talk about it I get giddy!! I love serving with those sweet kids LOVE IT! Funny how 12 or 13 years ago I did not want to be a Mom, did not want to be a SAHM for sure, wanted to be in Law School had major plans for my life. I got pregnant with Zack and went back to work when he turned 6 weeks old, and worked a lot. After Eli and I married and had Autumn I always knew I would go back to work. Well after she was born I had the priveledge of staying home with her. Then we had Riley and still staying home! I never never thought I would be smack dab in the middle of a Church Plant working in the Children's Department.

It is amazing when you finally realize that Satan is attacking you and you can defend yourself with God's Word and by reconizing that Satan is attacking you. It has taken me a LONG LONG time to figure that out!

I had a conversation with my sweet friend on Tuesday morning telling her I was going to come to her Life Group and then about 2 minutes later I texted her and told her I can't go. WHY you ask just because I all of a sudden felt unprepared for the Launch, overwhelmed, nervous, stressed, and basically like I am a horrible Children's leader, a horrible leader in general. I reconized pretty quickly Satan was filling my head and I spent a bit of time in prayer and immersed in god's Word. I am just wondering just what excactly my sweet frien Kelly was thinking that morning :) and poor Riley was wondering WHY he had to get dressed and then just sit and watch a movie.

No comments: